Thursday, June 7, 2012

May 2012

Manchester United Birthday Cake


My husband loves Manchester United, so I decided to make him a Manchester United Football Cake, for his birthday. I used the Wilton Soccer Ball cake tin, to create the football, modelling the players and the Logo out of coloured fondant.

 .
The Cake was a chocolate fudge cake. Firstly  I used the #3 Wilton tip to outline the hexagon's in black.

Second stage was to cover the cake in  white stars, these were done using the #16 Wilton star tip.

Third stage was the same as above, using the #16 Wilton Star tip to fill in the black stars.

Finally I covered the Cake board in Green butter cream and using the #233
 Wilton tip, created some grass



 Fondant figurines-


I made the footballers in advance, allowing them enough time to set hard. 


I pre coloured the fondant, using Wilton Gel food colouring. Creating each part for the footballers individually, then sticking them together with Wilton Clear Vanilla Extract.
Fondant Logo -

I followed the above stages with the Logo.


I made a template out of baking paper and used a sharp knife to cut the correct shapes from the rolled fondant.

Once all the pieces had been carved out, from the fondant. I stuck the pieces together using the Wilton clear vanilla extract.



Overall I was pleased with the outcome of this cake!

Hope you have enjoyed reading.

Cassie //(*;*)\\


No comments:

Post a Comment